What is an adjustment?
An adjustment is a highly skilled and precise movement usually applied by hand to a joint of the body. Adjustment loosens the joint to restore proper movement and optimize function. When a joint is adjusted, a gas bubble escapes causing the popping noise you might hear.
What are some of the benefits of chiropractic care?
Chiropractic care can:
- Improve movement in your neck, shoulders, back and torso
- Improve your posture
- Provide relief from headaches, neck and back pain
- Help prevent work-related muscle and joint injuries
- Improve your flexibility and range of motion
- Relieve pregnancy-related back ache
- Correct Gait and foot problems
When should I see a chiropractor?
Chiropractors are highly educated and extensively trained to assess, diagnosis, treat and prevent conditions disorders of the spine, joints, muscle and nervous systems. These disorders may include back pain, neck pain, headaches, referring pain in your arms and legs, etc.
Many patients seek chiropractic treatment for wellness care. Others, like seniors, find that treatment helps them to maintain mobility and good range of motion. Pain should never become a way of life, especially when there is qualified help available.
Most common reasons that people see chiropractors
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Conditions of the extremities such as carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, runners knee, golfers elbow, etc.
- Strains and sprains from daily activities
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Work and sports-related injuries
- Restricted movement in the back, shoulders, neck or limbs
- General health and well-being
What to Expect during my first visit?
At your first visit, the Chiropractor will want a detailed history of both past and present health concerns. He will ask you to complete a personal health questionnaire to better understand all aspect of your health. This will all be completed prior to entering the room to see the Doctor.
Once in the room the Chiropractor will ask you question about the symptoms that you are presently concerned with and perform a comprehensive exam in which he will test the joints of your spine, the muscles throughout you body and any neurologic test if necessary.
The Chiropractor will then use all the information that they have gathered to give you a diagnosis of you symptoms. The Doctor will then let your know if this is a something that they treat. If it is not they will refer you to someone that they feel is better suited to help you. If it is then the Chiropractor will discusses how they plan to treat your condition. If everything okay, the Doctor will proceed with the treatment.
Your first visit will last between 30-50 minutes.